Thursday, August 16, 2012

The challenge for Shopping our Stash this week is to use a technique you have always wanted to try or one that you have forgotten about, well I guess I sort of qualify. I saw a technique on splitcoast stampers that I had to try, I can't say I've always wanted to try it, but I have since yesterday when I saw that tutorial.  It's called a telescoping image and here is my version.  To do this you have to stamp two pictures , then use different size nestabilities to make the dimensional look.  check out the challenge at Shopping our Stash.    and the tutorial at splitcoast stampers. Thanks for looking.


4 comments:

  1. what a lovely card, those birds are so very beautiful and this is a brilliant demonstration of the "telescoping" technique! thank you for SHOPPING YOUR STASH--& your inventory of cool techniques--with us this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out cool in the end....was that just paper or do you have that stamp?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's my stamp. it was one of those ones I got in the States last year. so I stamped it. colored it. then used the Tim Holtz brushed corduroy and the felt gadget and antiqued it.

      Delete
  3. ohh this is gorgeous! I have never tried that technique either- may need to add it to my must-do list!

    ReplyDelete